Sunday, September 4, 2016

Preface

I did not intend to make my living for almost 30 years as a writer. If you saw the grades received in high school and college composition classes you would never have guessed I could do much more than sign my name. Maybe.

Long story short after college I found refuge in newspaper work when television news resisted my entreaties. But writing was simply something I would do until TV came calling. That was in 1980.

Anyone who makes their living with words seem to get the same question -- have you ever thought of writing a novel? The answer, for me, is yes. Several attempts have been shown the door. Some were too sappy. Some borrowed liberally from another writer's style. Some flamed out after three or four chapters, the characters having lost their charm.

This is the first thing that has managed to stay with me and keep tugging me forward. The intention is to self publish and since I'm doing so I thought I'd post draft #3 as it progresses. I hope as it rolls out you will enjoy. Comments of all manner are welcome. If like it, share with your friends.

Excuse errors of grammar and punctuation. I have a hard time line editing my own work.

By the way -- I have no idea how this will end.

No comments:

Post a Comment